The early 1ZZ engines are now notorious for piston ring failure and oil consumption. The most popular fix for the Celica GT is upgrading to the more robust 2ZZ-GE engine (and optionally 6-speed transmission) found in the Celica GTS. Better durability, clean OEM-like install and a 50+ horsepower boost makes this swap a no-brainer!
Our most popular install:
- 2ZZ-GE engine, low mile used, fully inspected, new lift bolts
- Appx 190hp
- 6-speed transmission, low mile, fully inspected
- Toyota OEM engine computer, MWR VVL wiring kit
- Celica GTS QRP catalytic converter and midpipe
- Injen air intake
- New Exedy clutch, fresh machined flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts
- TRD “Grippy” 6-speed shift knob
- MWR shifter cable bushings
- NGK Iridium spark plugs
- Expert install labor
- Synthetic engine oil, synthetic gear oil, K&N oil filter
- Deduction for trade in of your old engine and transmission in any rebuildable condition
- Sales tax included
$5995 out the door!
$5095 for engine swap only, reuse your 5-speed transmission
- Limited slip differential (TRD Helical LSD) ($950)
- Substitute freshly rebuilt 2ZZ engine rather than standard low mile used unit ($1799)
- PPE long tube header and cat pipe instead of QRP cat pipe ($1150)
- Apexi Power FC programmable computer ($699) and custom dyno tune ($275)
- Stage 2 MWR camshafts and MWR valve springs ($1225)
- More elaborate engine builds, supercharger, turbo; you name it we’ll build it!