This is a universal engine management computer. It will not plug in to your car. It has no base map and we don’t provide one separately. It has only basic universal instructions. If you are an experienced car builder and tuner this may be the right system for you. Universal AEM wire harnesses in a couple of different configurations are sold separately. MWR does not provide tech support for custom installs; please see the AEM Electronics forums.
For Toyota ZZ and ZR applications, please see our EMS4 plug n play kits which include wiring, sensor and plug n play harness. MWR provides full support for these packages.
WHY YOU WANT THIS
If you have modified your four-cylinder Powersports application beyond the factory ECU’s ability to control engine operation, or have a 4-cylinder race vehicle that does not require some of the advanced hardware features of an AEM Series 2 Plug & Play system, AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for the most power and reliability.
AEM’s EMS-4 provides complete engine control for small engines with up to 4 cylinders. The unit includes a 36-pin connector that is specifically designed to operate in harsh environments. It is completely sealed and weather/shook proof, allowing it to be mounted anywhere. The EMS-4 works with MAG or HALL crank inputs, can directly drive smart coils or an external igniter such as AEM’s 4-Channel Coil Driver (part# 30-2840).
Additional EMS-4 system features include:
• 4 Saturated Injector Drivers
• 4 Coil Triggers
• 8 General Purpose Inputs/Outputs
• Mag or Hall Cam and Crank Inputs
• O2 Input
• Knock Input
• 8 MB Internal Datalogger
• VSS Hall Input
• CAN Data Stream
• USB Comm Port
• Compact (4.8″ x 4.55″ x 1.44″), weather/shock proof enclosure
• Utilizes AEMTuner Interface Software
• System is fully enabled and unlocked – Never Pay for Upgrades
• Context Sensitive Help Eases Tuning Process
• Maps can be Password Protected by the Tuner to Prevent Unauthorized Usage Sharing
Professional tuners will appreciate the ease of use and security features of Advanced Engine Management’s AEMTuner Software. AEMTuner software is Windows compatible (XP, Vista, Windows7), making the task of copying, viewing and manipulating data as simple as a click of the mouse. AEMTuner Software is infinitely adjustable and allows tuners to program virtually any combination of engine control, power adders and auxiliary devices, and accurately delivers proper amounts of fuel and correct ignition timing for any boost level or operating condition.
Additional AEMTuner Software features include:
• Support Pane gives tuners context sensitive help and uses tuners’ actual calibrations to describe each function
• Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing
• Internal conflict detection notifies tuner if obvious errors exist in assignment of inputs/outputs
• Compare Calibrations allows tuners to graphically compare tables and maps for easy analysis
• Workspaces are easily customizable and configurable
• Colored tables and maps
MAKING THE CONNECTION
AEM offers a Universal Wiring Harness (part# 30-2905-96) with color coded silk screened wires for ease of installation and an integrated fuse and relay panel. AEM also has sensors and a Plug & Pin Kit (part# 30-2905-0) available.
AEM’s EMS-4 Universal Programmable Engine Management System is legal in California only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.
WARNING! Use this system with EXTREME caution! The AEM EMS System allows for total flexibility in engine tuning, however misuse of this product can lead to major engine/vehicle damage. If you are not well versed in engine dynamics and the tuning of management systems or are not PC literate, please do not attempt installation/tuning of this product. For technical assistance, please visit our forum or visit our dealer locator for a Factory Trained tuner near you. AEM holds no responsibility for any engine damage that results from the misuse of this product!
In stock now!