KPRO 4 is a modification applied to stock Honda/Acura K-series ECUs that makes them fully programmable and expandable. The immobilizer function is also eliminated which makes the ECUs usable in engine swap applications. Scroll all the way down for ECU options- you may either purchase this system already installed in a used Honda ECU provided by Monkeywrench Racing (in stock, no waiting!!) or you may ship us your own ECU for modification (approximately 2 week lead time from when we receive your ECU). Regardless of this selection, the kit includes software, programming cable and expansion harness.
- Fits inside the stock ECU case
- Designed and assembled is USA
- USB connection for speed and compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity
- KManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
- Many built in calibrations for common engine combinations
- Built in datalogging to a laptop
- On board datalogging memory
- Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim and injector dead time compensation
- Configurable for any MAP sensor (to 5 Bar and above)
- TPS based table lookup for ITBs
- Engine protection from over boost and lean protection.
- Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Knock control
- Three multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
- Supports lambda tracing from the stock wideband o2
- PWM output for boost control by RPM and gear
KManager editing software features:
- High and low speed 16 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
- Injector size fuel trim
- Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
- Rev limiter with fuel cut
- Launch control with anti-lag
- Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
- Adjustable idle speed
- MAP sensor type and calibration
- Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
- Closed loop control including target lambda
- Air and water temperature compensations for fuel & ignition
- Gear compensation for fuel & ignition
- Three general purpose outputs for nitrous control, quad boost control or similar
- On board datalogging trigger conditions
- Injector phase and coil dwell adjustment
KPro 4 will now control the 05+ Lotus Elise/Exige gauge cluster (dash) directly with no need for an additional converter box.
Increased on board datalogging memory
Increased processing power
Integrated ethanol content input (sensor required, sold separately)
Live tuning and autotune functionality
Closed loop wideband operation at full throttle
Much faster programming speed
No price increase!!
The KPro board has eight 0-5V analog inputs, which can be used for temperature, pressure, wideband, EGT or any other input which provides a 0-5V signal. The analog values are both stored in the KPro and in any datalog made from the KPro, which means that you do not need to change the analog input settings which switching between datalogs from vehicles with different analog inputs. Similar the the FlashPro, password protected owner information can be stored on the KPro. This results in a KPro which had owner identification which cannot be changed if stolen. Additionally, an upload security password can be used, which and renders the KPro unusable if stolen.
On board calibration storage
Similar to the FlashPro, the uploaded calibration is now stored on the KPro in a form which allows a quick and accurate download from the KPro.
For future expansion, a digital serial input is present on the KPro.
You may purchase the KPRO 4 system already installed to a used (tested good) ECU provided by MWR. The 6-speed model (PRB-A01 through PRB-A07) will be fully functional with a 2002-04 RSX engine harness and will have an operational reverse blockout function when used with a 6-speed K-series transmission. The 5-speed ECU has exactly the same functionality and compatibility, minus the reverse blockout function. It can still be used with a 6-speed transmission, you will just not be blocked from attempting to select (and grinding) reverse when moving forward.
Note: If you have a JDM ECU (PRC, PRD) then we can get Hondata added to it but you must send it to us first; we cannot do those on an exchange basis.