MWR’s SMT->MT conversion kit consists of 3 parts:
B: Body kit (this item) is needed for all SMT->MT swaps. It converts the bulk of the car to MT spec.
MWR SMT conversion kits include mostly brand new Toyota OEM parts unless otherwise noted. We do substitute some custom parts such as our full length clutch hose (allows you to avoid dropping the fuel tank) and our shift fork adapter (part of kit C, allows you to avoid removing the transmission) to improve function and simplify install.
- Shifter assembly with shift boot (KNOB NOT included- purchase one separately to fit your style and your transmission’s shift pattern)
- Shifter cables
- Clutch pedal assembly with sensor
- Clutch master cylinder and reservoir
- MWR full length AN clutch hose
- Clutch slave cylinder
- External cable bracket, lever and bellcrank for transmission (fits all 5 and 6 speed transmissions)
- All required nuts, bolts, washers, clips, etc
- Installation and wiring instructions
This kit is required for all SMT->MT swaps, whether using a 1ZZ or 2ZZ engine and regardless of which transmission you’re using.
Please see MWR SMT->MT Swap Guide for more information and detail on which kits you need to complete your particular conversion.
Note – if you have an 03-05 car with the wide brake pedal you will also need kit “B2” which includes a narrow brake pedal lever and pad.