Direct replacement in these models:
2003-06 Corolla XRS, Matrix XRS, Vibe GT (all with 2ZZ engine and 6-speed)
2002-07 Overseas Corolla 2ZZ sportivo/runx models
Upgrade for these models (NO additional parts needed for install, direct bolt in):
2003-08 Corolla, Matrix, Vibe – base, S models (all with 1ZZ engine and 5-speed)
A new Corolla/Matrix 6-speed manual transmission retails for $3200 from Toyota!!!
Every MWR rebuilt transmission gets the deluxe treatment:
– Full disassembly, cleaning and inspection
– All synchros replaced with brand new OEM Toyota synchros
– Input shaft seal and axle seals replaced
– All hubs, hub rings, gears, bearings and shift forks fully inspected and replaced as needed
– Shifter shaft installed as pictured. External shift lever mechanism not included, must transfer from your old transmission
Works with stock or aftermarket clutches, flywheels, shifters, shifter cables, axles.
Quality and strength
Built with 100% OEM parts so it is as strong as an OEM transmission. MWR recommends a maximum of 275whp though actual transmission durability will vary based on usage, vehicle weight, torque, clutch type and heat.
1. Differential – you may choose standard open differential or have us upgrade your transmission with a TRD Helical Limited Slip (LSD)
2. CORE – you must pay the core charge up front, we ship you the rebuilt transmission, then after your car is up and running you ship your old transmission back to us with CORE and your Sales Order number clearly printed on the box. Customer is responsible for return shipping arrangements and cost. We refund the core charge in full as long as the transmission sent in is the correct model, is complete (same as rebuilt trans), and has no external damage to the case. All gears must be functional and not broken, but grinding on shifts is fine. IF YOU ARE UPGRADING from a 5-speed then you may send in your 5-speed transmission as the core; in this case you will receive 60% of your core charge back.
We offer a 30 day limited warranty on this transmission when installed in a naturally aspirated (no turbo or supercharger) application and used on the street. Our 30-day warranty does not apply to vehicles used on race tracks, though we do still guarantee initial quality and functionality of the transmission as received by customer in those cases.
Ratios of this transmission:
Final Drive: 4.529
Ratios of 1ZZ 5-speed (for comparison, if you are upgrading):
Final Drive: 3.941
note: mr2 spyder transmission is shown in picture. corolla transmission is very similar, slightly different shifter shaft shape.
There are no reviews yet.