Monkeywrench Racing is proud to offer the ultimate turbo kit for the 2000-2005 MR2 Spyder with Honda swap. This kit fits with a K20A2 (RSX type S) or K24 (TSX) swap.
Included with the kit:
– Garrett GT or GTX ball bearing turbo; fully v-band mounted with premium Tial stainless turbine housing
– Stainless TIG welded tubular turbo manifold (header)
– Integrated Turbosmart external wastegate and outlet tube routed in to downpipe
– 3″ stainless mandrel bent v-band downpipe
– 3″ stainless polished Magnaflow muffler
– 3″ stainless mandrel bent tailpipe with chrome oval tip
– K&N high flow air filter
– Mandrel bent powder coated aluminum intercooler piping
– Large 12″ x 18″ x 3″ rear lower mount intercooler
– Turbosmart billet aluminum blow off valve
– Top quality silicone couplers and stainless T-bolt clamps
– All oil and coolant lines, fittings, hardware and clamps
– (4) NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
– Complete installation instructions
This is the ultimate turbo kit for the MR2 Spyder / K swap owner who is looking for any power level. The Garrett GT series turbochargers have dual ball bearings for a longer life and incredibly quick spoolup. The GTX adds a custom billet compressor wheel for even higher flow and quicker spoolup. The Tial stainless turbine housing not only cuts pounds from the turbo’s weight; it makes installation and service of the turbocharger incredibly easy. We use the top of the line Turbosmart billet aluminum blow off valve to release compressed air during shifts and keep that turbo spooling. Our intercooler core stands a monstrous 18” wide and 12” tall by 3” thick- more than double the size of the intercoolers in some cheaper kits. Cooling is critical in any turbocharger system for maximum power and long-term durability of the engine. Our stainless turbo manifold is professionally TIG welded for maximum strength for a long service life.
GT2860RS: Recommended for up to 360hp with extremely quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GT2871R: Recommended for up to 475hp with quick spoolup. Works great on a built engine.
GTX2860R Gen2: Recommended for up to 475hp with EXTREMELY quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GTX2867R Gen2: Recommended for up to 550hp with very quick spoolup, similar to GT2860RS. Works great on a built engine.
GTX3071R Gen2: Recommended for up to 650hp with responsive spoolup, less laggy than GT3076R. Works great on a built engine.
GTX3076R Gen2: Recommended for up to 750hp with responsive spoolup, less laggy than GT3076R. Works great on a built engine.
Completing the kit:
This kit comes with everything you need for a complete turbo system installation on your MR2 Spyder with RSX or TSX engine installed. This kit includes air inlet and complete exhaust so it eliminates the need for swap air intake, header and cat pipe. You can use a hondata ECU or other options like AEM Infinity for tuning (sold separately). You’ll also need your choice of larger injectors and upgraded fuel pump. If exceeding 350whp you’ll probably also want to add a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. See honda forums for recommendations of max boost levels on stock engines and how to upgrade the engine internals for higher boost.