Monkeywrench Racing is proud to offer the ultimate turbo kit for the 2005+ Lotus Elise, Exige and 2-eleven models powered by the Toyota 2ZZ-GE or 1ZZ-FE engine.
Included with the kit:
– Garrett GT or GTX ball bearing turbo (options listed below); fully v-band mounted with premium Tial stainless turbine housing
– Stainless TIG welded tubular turbo manifold (header)
– Integrated Turbosmart v-band external wastegate and outlet tube routed in to downpipe
– 3″ stainless mandrel bent v-band downpipe
– 3″ stainless polished Magnaflow muffler
– 3″ stainless mandrel bent tailpipe with chrome oval tip (full exhaust system included in kit)
– High flow air filter
– Mandrel bent powder coated aluminum intercooler piping
– Large 8″ x 15″ x 3″ side mount intercooler
– Turbosmart billet aluminum blow off valve
– Top quality silicone couplers and stainless T-bolt clamps
– All oil and coolant lines, fittings, hardware and clamps
– (4) NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs
– Complete installation instructions
(Upgraded ECU, Fuel Rail and FPR kit shown are sold separately)
This is the ultimate turbo kit for the 2ZZ or 1ZZ Lotus owner who is looking for any power level. The Garrett GT series turbochargers have dual ball bearings for a longer life and incredibly quick spoolup. The GTX adds a custom billet compressor wheel for even higher flow and quicker spoolup. The Tial stainless turbine housing not only cuts pounds from the turbo’s weight; it makes installation and service of the turbocharger incredibly easy. We use the top of the line Turbosmart billet aluminum blow off valve to release compressed air during shifts and keep that turbo spooling. Our intercooler core stands a monstrous 15” x 8” x 3” thick. Cooling is critical in any turbocharger system for maximum power and long-term durability of the engine. Our stainless turbo manifold is professionally TIG welded for maximum strength for a long service life.
GT2860RS: Recommended for up to 360hp with extremely quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GT2871R: Recommended for up to 475hp with quick spoolup. Works great on a built engine.
GTX2860R Gen2: Recommended for up to 475hp with EXTREMELY quick spoolup. Works great on a stock or mildly built engine.
GTX2867R Gen2: Recommended for up to 550hp with very quick spoolup, similar to GT2860RS. Works great on a built engine.
Completing the kit:
This kit comes with everything you need for a complete installation on your Lotus minus engine management and fuel system. Recommendations:
250-325whp – If you’re considering this turbo kit you already know it takes a built engine to reliably exceed 275whp. For 2ZZ, forged pistons (Mahle 9.0:1) get you to 400whp. Add MWR billet rods to exceed 400whp reliably. 1ZZ requires upgraded rods and pistons to exceed 275whp safely. You’ll need a programmable ECU or a custom tune for your stock ECU. You’ll also need appropriately sized injectors (550-1000+ cc) and fuel pump (MWR 255 or 320lph). We do strongly recommend dyno testing for best results.
350+ whp – You’ll also need the MWR FPR and return line kit to maintain a proper and safe fuel pressure.
Other recommended upgrades:
– Clutch – The stock clutch doesn’t stand a chance! Under 10psi the EXEDY STAGE 1 will handle the power and work great. Over 10psi the MWR GORILLA STAGE 2 clutch works great if the car is driven on the street or track, minimizing shock to the gears. The puck style racing clutches work too but will tend to wear faster and are harder on the transmission.
– Boost gauge
– Boost controller
– Oil pan: the turbo oil drain requires a 5/8″ fitting on the oil pan. Choose the Moroso aluminum oil pan or you may also add a fitting to your original oil pan (requires welding)
MWR’s turbo kits are custom built to order so orders cannot be canceled or changed once placed. We do not accept returns on our turbo kits, just exchange of individual components in the case of a problem.