Complete ultra low mile Toyota 2ZZ-GE 1.8L VVTLi 180/190hp ENGINE + 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION SWAP PACKAGE. If you’re looking to swap a 2ZZ and 6-speed into your 2000-05 MR2 Spyder then this is the package for you.
A good used 2ZZ engine is getting harder to find; the untested overseas engines are a real risk. MWR knows more about these engines than anyone so we start with the freshest engines money can buy (30-60k miles) and replace the lift bolts (often a BIG job!), inspect for leaks, and perform a full compression/spin test. We also inspect for any shipping/mechanical damage and missing sensors /solenoids.
- 4.5:1 6-speed manual transmission (works with your 5-speed axles, cables and shifter) – includes shifter shaft and reverse blockout pre-installed
- TRD helical LSD pre-installed in transmission (optional)
- 2ZZ-GE engine with sensors/solenoids
- Celica GTS ECU with 8250rpm rev limit, 6000rpm VVL engagement (or upgrade)
- 2ZZ intake manifold and throttle body
- 2ZZ injectors
- 2ZZ coils
- 2ZZ alternator
- 2ZZ starter
- MWR cold air intake, draws cool air from side vent
- MWR 2ZZ swap engine mount
- MWR VVL connector kit
- MWR 2ZZ swap dipstick tube
- 2ZZ OEM flywheel (used)
- Used clutch may be included- condition not guaranteed. MWR recommends you install a new clutch and resurface flywheel.
By default we include a JDM Toyota ECU which works great, just requires a JDM OBD scanner if you want to check codes and will not pass emission check in the USA. You can upgrade to a USA market Toyota ECU which will communicate with standard OBD scanner and communicate with emissions check computers (if swap is done properly there will be no error codes). Both have 6000rpm VVL and 8250RPM rev limit. You can also choose to upgrade to the Apexi Power FC which is a fully programmable ECU, we’ll even load the correct program for you free of charge. This provides a lower VVL point, higher rev limit and more performance throughout the RPM range. Be aware, the Power FC has no OBD functionality and will not pass an emissions check.
This combo includes nearly everything you need to swap the 2ZZ engine and 6-speed transmission into your MR2 Spyder. The one major decision we left up to you is exhaust header (manifold):
MWR short type header – least expensive, bolts to your current cat pipe (OEM or any OEM-type replacement), looks the most stock, easiest install
We include a used flywheel which you can resurface and use with any 1ZZ/2ZZ clutch kit. We do stock a full line of replacement and performance CLUTCHES and FLYWHEELS, please give them a look. Nearly everyone installs a fresh clutch when performing this swap, you don’t want to have to take it all apart again in a few thousand miles to replace a clutch.
Used engines/transmissions come with a 30 day guarantee if installed in an unmodified vehicle. Initial function and performance is always guaranteed.