Approximate build time: 1 week for standard used engine, 6 weeks with rebuilt engine
Complete ultra low mile Toyota 2ZZ-GE 1.8L VVTLi 180/190hp ENGINE + 6-SPEED TRANSMISSION SWAP PACKAGE. If you’re looking to swap a 2ZZ and 6-speed into your 2000-05 MR2 Spyder then this is the package for you.
A good used 2ZZ engine is getting harder to find; the untested overseas engines are a real risk. MWR knows more about these engines than anyone so we start with the freshest engines money can buy (30-60k miles) and replace the lift bolts (often a BIG job!), inspect for leaks, and perform a full compression/spin test. We also inspect for any shipping/mechanical damage and missing sensors /solenoids.
- 4.5:1 6-speed manual transmission (works with your 5-speed axles, cables and shifter) – includes shifter shaft and reverse blockout pre-installed
- TRD helical LSD pre-installed in transmission (optional)
- 2ZZ-GE engine with sensors/solenoids
- Celica GTS ECU with 8250rpm rev limit, 6000rpm VVL engagement
- 2ZZ intake manifold and throttle body
- 2ZZ injectors
- 2ZZ coils
- 2ZZ alternator
- 2ZZ starter
- MWR cold air intake, draws cool air from side vent
- MWR 2ZZ swap engine mount
- MWR VVL connector kit
- MWR 2ZZ swap dipstick tube
- 2ZZ OEM flywheel (used)
- Used clutch may be included- condition not guaranteed. MWR recommends you install a new clutch and resurface flywheel.
This combo includes nearly everything you need to swap the 2ZZ engine and 6-speed transmission into your MR2 Spyder. The one major decision we left up to you is exhaust header (manifold):
MWR short type header – least expensive, bolts to your current cat pipe (OEM or any OEM-type replacement), looks the most stock, easiest install
We include a used flywheel which you can resurface and use with any 1ZZ/2ZZ clutch kit. We do stock a full line of replacement and performance CLUTCHES and FLYWHEELS, please give them a look. Nearly everyone installs a fresh clutch when performing this swap, you don’t want to have to take it all apart again in a few thousand miles to replace a clutch.
Used engines/transmissions come with a 30 day guarantee if installed in an unmodified vehicle. Initial function and performance is always guaranteed.